Expertise and Background
With over 10 years of experience, Sophie Guimezanes specializes in general corporate law, cross-border acquisition, corporate finance, joint ventures, and group restructuring matters for transactions of all sizes.
Sophie’s initial background is in the field of banking and finance, which gives her extensive insight and working knowledge of the many aspects of complex operations involved, such as cross-border leveraged acquisitions and restructuring. She has had experience acting on behalf of a group of companies and banks in connection with domestic and international financing.
Sophie lived in Asia for more than 7 years and graduated from the leading Kellogg-HKUST EMBA program in Hong Kong. She has also been advising clients in major multi-jurisdictional operations within Europe and the United States. Her truly international profile serves as an asset in transactions where sensitive intercultural considerations are involved.
Sophie started her career in the banking and finance department of a Magic Circle law firm. She began by working within areas of expertise involving general lending, leveraged finance, projects, finance, real estate finance, securitization, and other related insolvency issues.
She then joined a boutique law firm focusing mainly on European and US clients. In addition to the management of corporate and banking transactions, Sophie’s has vast experience in real estate acquisition, pan-European restructuring, and aircraft financing.
- Master degree in comparative law from the Sorbonne University, 2005
- Master degree in financial products and capital markets law at ESCP-EAP & Paris XI University, 2006
- Kellogg-HKUST Executive MBA in Hong Kong (Ranked No .1 EMBA in the world by the Financial Times), 2016
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar since 2007
- Admitted to the Paris Bar (not registered) in 2010
Sophie’s recent highlights include:
- Several asset baked securitization transactions in the aircraft sector and in particular a 640 million asset backed secured securitization used to acquire a portfolio of mid to end life aircraft with a diverse geographic spread, notably across the US, Europe and Asia.
- The acquisition of a real estate portfolio including a complex of four buildings and over 1,000 parking spaces in Poland.
- The establishment of a joint venture for the acquisition of a collection of resort hotels across key locations in Spain, valued at more than EUR 150 million.
- Provided assistance to a leading global private investment firm for the sale of a portfolio of real estate assets in the UK with a value exceeding EUR 350 million.
- Assistance with the completion of complex due diligence for a joint venture of investors, purchase, and reorganization (including refinancing) of a majority French group, holding a light industrial portfolio at a purchase price exceeding EUR 250 million.
EXPO Real – 7 to 9 October 2019
Make sure you reached out to Dupont Partners’ Real Estate Tax and Finance Experts Frederic Dupont (email@example.com) and Peter-Jan Bossuyt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a meeting at EXPO REAL from 7 to 9 October in Munich.
Dupont Partners advises Oberberg Group on successful refinancing
Dupont Partners’ Banking & Finance Department, alongside Taylor Wessing Frankfurt, has advised Oberberg Group in connection with the successful refinancing of its existing credit facilities. In addition, new facilities are available for the financing of add-on acquisitions. Recent add-on targets include the internationally renowned Privatklinik Jägerwinkel located at the Tegernsee, which extends the current treatment […]
IBA ANNUAL CONFERENCE SEOUL 2019
Dupont Partners, represented by its managing and founding partner Frederic Dupont, head of tax and alternative investments, will be present at the IBA Annual Conference in Seoul from 22 September to 27 September. It will be a great pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet peers from other jurisdictions and introduce them to […]
36th IBA International Financial Law Conference
Dupont Partners, represented by its founding partner Peter-Jan Bossuyt, head of banking and restructuring, will be present at the 36th IBA International Financial Law Conference in Berlin from 14 May to 17 May. It will be a great pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet peers from other jurisdictions and introduce them to […]
NPL INVESTMENTS THROUGH LUXEMBOURG STRUCTURES
Peter-Jan Bossuyt, head of our Banking and Restructuring practice, will attend the European NPL summit in Stockholm on 21 & 22 March 2019, and speak on the Western European panel and particular about the various Luxembourg structures available to invest in NPLs. Attached is additional info on the NPL summit.
Luxembourg Financial Sector Brexit Emergency Law
On 31 January 2019 the Luxembourg government proposed a so-called “Brexit Urgency bill” in order to address, during a fixed period, any serious disruptions in Luxembourg in case of a no-deal/hard Brexit.