Head of Banking and Restructuring
Peter-Jan’s recognised broad and in depth expertise ranges from secured and unsecured lending in acquisition, real estate, structured, project, fund or Islamic financing to high yield notes or bonds issued or guaranteed by Luxembourg entities. His polyvalent pan-European and transatlantic expertise makes him the counsel of choice not only for banks but also for large corporate groups, investment funds, private equity investors or insurance companies.
He has also a broad experience with respect to insolvency and financial restructuring work and enforcement of security interests and representing his banking clients for recovery of assets as well enforcing security interests.
With regard to corporate law, Peter-Jan deals with M&A and on private equity transactions, in both national and cross-border transactions.
Prior to founding Dupont Partners in December 2018, he spent almost eight years in the banking, finance and capital markets department of a Magic Circle firm (Luxembourg) having started his career in 2003 in the Belgian transactional group of the Brussels’ branch of a White-Shoe firm. He became partner in 2015 in an independent Luxembourg firm responsible for the creation and further development of its banking and finance department.
Peter-Jan is an active member of various professional organizations, including the Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI) and the Luxembourg Private Equity Association (LPEA). He is also a regular speaker at the International Faculty for Executives (IFE), providing seminars and conferences in the field of corporate and finance law.
Education and Admissions
- LL.M in Finance and Banking Law, King’s College London, United Kingdom.
- Master’s degree in Law, Catholic University of Louvain, CUM LAUDE, Belgium.
- Bachelor law degree, University of Namur (FUNDP), Belgium.
- Admitted to the Luxembourg Bar since 2007.
- Member of the Brussels’ and Bruges’ bar from 2003 to 2014.
- Member of the Banking Law Committee of the International Bar Association.
- Recommended by Legal500 since 2016 as banking, finance and capital markets expert in Luxembourg, being “knowledgeable about the needs of foreign clients in the context of international transactions”.
- Recognized by IFLR1000 Notable practitioner since 2016 as “Very timely, thorough and practical advice. Peter-Jan Bossuyt is excellent” and “Extremely knowledgeable, hands-on and pragmatic lawyer. No weaknesses I can think of.”
- Recommended by Chambers and Partners since 2017 as Notable practitioner in banking and finance: Peter-Jan Bossuyt receives glowing praise from a client: “There is no question he can handle the biggest deals, no matter how complex they are.” Sources frequently mention his quick, prompt responses to queries.
- Who’s Who Legal: Banking – Finance – Referenced as expert for Luxembourg since 2015.
EXPO Real – 7 to 9 October 2019
Make sure you reached out to Dupont Partners’ Real Estate Tax and Finance Experts Frederic Dupont (email@example.com) and Peter-Jan Bossuyt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for a meeting at EXPO REAL from 7 to 9 October in Munich.
Dupont Partners advises Oberberg Group on successful refinancing
Dupont Partners’ Banking & Finance Department, alongside Taylor Wessing Frankfurt, has advised Oberberg Group in connection with the successful refinancing of its existing credit facilities. In addition, new facilities are available for the financing of add-on acquisitions. Recent add-on targets include the internationally renowned Privatklinik Jägerwinkel located at the Tegernsee, which extends the current treatment […]
IBA ANNUAL CONFERENCE SEOUL 2019
Dupont Partners, represented by its managing and founding partner Frederic Dupont, head of tax and alternative investments, will be present at the IBA Annual Conference in Seoul from 22 September to 27 September. It will be a great pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet peers from other jurisdictions and introduce them to […]
36th IBA International Financial Law Conference
Dupont Partners, represented by its founding partner Peter-Jan Bossuyt, head of banking and restructuring, will be present at the 36th IBA International Financial Law Conference in Berlin from 14 May to 17 May. It will be a great pleasure to catch up with old friends and meet peers from other jurisdictions and introduce them to […]
NPL INVESTMENTS THROUGH LUXEMBOURG STRUCTURES
Peter-Jan Bossuyt, head of our Banking and Restructuring practice, will attend the European NPL summit in Stockholm on 21 & 22 March 2019, and speak on the Western European panel and particular about the various Luxembourg structures available to invest in NPLs. Attached is additional info on the NPL summit.
Luxembourg Financial Sector Brexit Emergency Law
On 31 January 2019 the Luxembourg government proposed a so-called “Brexit Urgency bill” in order to address, during a fixed period, any serious disruptions in Luxembourg in case of a no-deal/hard Brexit.